Monday, August 9, 2010

Favorite Summer Pie

I have a dear friend Ruth whose adorable sister Rachel is quite the baker down in Charlottesville, VA. I am continuing my "Summer Favorites" series with Rachel's favorite summer pie. Rachel has a great blog and website called simply, "Rachel's Fine Baked Goods: Lovin' from the Oven" She just got accepted to Le Cordon Bleu in PARIS to study pastry and will head there this winter. So excited for you Rachel!

Here is her Summer Favorite Pie:

"Absolutely peach. It's warm, inviting, sweet, and it literally tastes like summer. Here in the south (and I imagine California too) fresh local fruit is abundant and the peaches this year are have been to die for. As a baker I always think a simple crumble or pie is the best showcase for them. One thing I love about peaches is that they play nice with others. Raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, even strawberries or rhubarb go fantastically with peaches. And you can't get any easier in the summer than pie. Just take 3-4 pounds of fresh fruit, a handful of sugar, 1/4 cup or more of flour, fill the crust and after an hour in the oven you're done. Easy as pie :)."

I am linking to Rachel's photos of her Sweet Cherry Pie. She will post her peach pie shots and a recipe soon.

UPDATE: here is the link to Rachel's PEACH PIE. Wish I had some right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails